Staying Safe at MAG
As always MAG will put the safety and well-being of our students, families, and staff as our number one priority. We appreciate your continued efforts in working with us to ensure a great learning environment for your child.
We are happy to have mandated limits back to 100% capacity! With that being said MAG will continue to have a limited occupancy for spectators. The viewing/lobby area is greatly used by our students. In order to open this safely and not overload the viewing area, we have set up a rotating viewing schedule for all classes. Please review our email in reference to our current viewing policy. Our Virtual Lobby is still available and a great tool for parents to view their child! Since we still have a limited viewing area, we still want to provide you with a way to remotely view your child.
Please note our updated mask policy as of September 13, 2021:
MAG policy throughout the pandemic has been to stay in step with school and community guidance. At this time, ALL coaches, students above the age of 5 and spectators must wear masks regardless of vaccination status. The majority of our students are under the age of 12 and will remain unvaccinated. For the safety of our staff, students, and community, we will be requiring masking until further notice.
Safety is our number one priority at the Maine Academy of Gymnastics!
View the Maine CDC guidelines here.
Cleanliness and Sanitation
In addition to already stringent cleaning policy, we’re taking the following additional measures to ensure your child’s safety:
- 15 minutes will be allotted between classes so staff can clean all mats and surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be required upon entry to the building. Coaches and athletes will also use it after each event.
- All stations will be sanitized after each rotation.
- Weekend deep cleaning of the facility.
- Water fountains will remain closed. Please bring personal water bottles only.
- Pits open for training purposes are fogged at the end of each day.
Drop Off, Pick Up, and Limited Viewing
In order to maintain occupancy limits, we encourage drop off and pick up only.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled class time.
- DROP OFF: Coaches will greet your child at the main entrance.
- All students must wear masks.
- Our Virtual Lobby will be in place for viewing all classes.
- PICK UP: Our pickup location will now be at the main entrance. Coaches will escort your child to the main entrance.