Staying Safe at MAG
As always MAG will put the safety and well-being of our students, families, and staff as our number one priority. We appreciate your continued efforts in working with us to ensure a great learning environment for your child.
We are happy to have mandated limits back to 100% capacity! With that being said MAG will continue to have a limited occupancy for spectators. The viewing/lobby area is greatly used by our students. In order to open this safely and not overload the viewing area, we have set up a rotating viewing schedule for all classes. Please review our email in reference to our current viewing policy. Our Virtual Lobby is still available and a great tool for parents to view their child! Since we still have a limited viewing area, we still want to provide you with a way to remotely view your child.
Please note our updated mask policy as of July 22nd:
- Students over the age of 5 years old & parents/spectators that have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to wear a mask while in the facilty. This is the recommendation from the CDC, DHHS, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Coaches who provide proof of vaccination do not have to wear a mask during general coaching. During direct spotting/close-range coaching, all coaches will remain masked.
We understand how difficult this has been for everyone, but after evaluating the current situation with the highly contagious Delta variant, we feel strongly that being cautious and proactive at this time is in the best interest of the safety of our students and families. We will continue to monitor the situation and hopefully this policy will change in the near future. We appreciate your patience.
Safety is our number one priority at the Maine Academy of Gymnastics!
View the Maine CDC guidelines here.
Cleanliness and Sanitation
In addition to already stringent cleaning policy, we’re taking the following additional measures to ensure your child’s safety:
- 15 minutes will be allotted between classes so staff can clean all mats and surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be required upon entry to the building. Coaches and athletes will also use it after each event.
- All stations will be sanitized after each rotation.
- Weekend deep cleaning of the facility.
- Water fountains will remain closed. Please bring personal water bottles only.
- Pits open for training purposes are fogged at the end of each day.
Drop Off, Pick Up, and Limited Viewing
In order to maintain occupancy limits, we encourage drop off and pick up only.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled class time.
- DROP OFF: Coaches will greet your child at the main entrance.
- All students must wear masks.
- Our Virtual Lobby will be in place for viewing all classes.
- PICK UP: Our pickup location will now be at the main entrance. Coaches will escort your child to the main entrance.