Staying Safe at MAG
We have been remodeling, deep-cleaning and sanitizing every area in the gym. We are training our staff to strictly follow the guidelines we’ve been given and as always, put the safety and well-being of our students, families, and staff as our number-one priority. We appreciate your efforts to work with us to ensure a great learning environment for your child.
We are open for classes and team practices with an in-gym capacity of 50 people. As we are unable to allow visitors in the gym to watch their children, we have installed a Virtual Lobby using Zoom so you will be able to watch classes remotely. Please email us if you would like access to the Zoom lobby.
Please note our mask policy: State mandate requires that masks be worn AT ALL TIMES with the exception of preschool students, who may de-mask once they have begun the class.
We are carefully monitoring COVID-19 developments, and strictly adhering to the Maine CDC guidelines. These measures are in place currently and are subject to change as we continue to get through this.
Please check our site regularly for the latest updates. Thank you, and please be safe!
Suspected Illness: Should I bring my child to class?
If you can answer “yes” to any of the questions below, PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILD AT HOME. Attend class only when all answers are NO.
- Within the past 24 hours, has your child had a fever (100.4 and above) or used medicine for the purpose of reducing a fever?
- Does your child feel sick with one or more of these most common symptoms?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Does your child feel sick with any 2 (two) or more of these less common symptoms?
- Stomach pain
- Swelling or redness of hands or feet
- Red eyes/eye drainage
- Congestion/runny nose
- Have you or your child been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is quarantined or who has been sent home from work due to COVID-19 exposure?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILD AT HOME.
Drop Off and Pick Up
In order to maintain occupancy limits we are strongly encouraging drop off and pick up only.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled class time.
- All students must wear masks when entering and exiting the building.
- DROP OFF: Coaches will greet your child at the main entrance.
- Our Virtual Lobby will be in place for viewing all classes.
- PICK UP: Our pickup location will be at the garage door front entrance. Coaches will escort your child to you.
- Please follow traffic cones and signs for drop-off and pick-up locations.
- Please maintain 6 feet of physical distance between you and any families at pick-up and drop-off locations.
- 6-foot separation guides will be clearly marked for all events, skill stations and warm up areas.
- The lobby will remain closed for viewing, with the exception that preschool students may have one spectator per family during class time.
- All restrooms will be single-occupancy only.
- Lobbies with be marked with social distancing guidelines.
- Locker rooms will remain closed.
Reduced Group Sizes
In order to maintain social distancing measures and the highest quality coaching all group sizes have been reduced. Sessions will be offered throughout the day to ensure small numbers in the gym at one time.
- A limited number of classes will be offered to ensure low facility occupancy.
- Classes will have staggered start times to limit student crossover and maintain low facility capacity.
Cleanliness and Sanitation
In addition to already stringent cleaning policy, we’re taking the following additional measures to ensure your child’s safety:
- 15 minutes will be allotted between classes so staff can clean all mats and surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be required upon entry to the building. Coaches and athletes will also use it after each event.
- Hourly cleaning of restrooms and surfaces.
- All stations will be sanitized after each rotation.
- Weekend deep cleaning of the facility.
- Water fountains will remain closed. Please bring personal water bottles only.
- Pits will remain closed.
Coach and Athlete Interaction
At MAG we strive to ensure the safety and success of all our athletes. While our coaches will maintain greater distances than usual, we cannot guarantee they will not be in contact with your child.
- Limited spotting: Spotting will only be done when necessary for safety and technical success. While contact spotting, all coaches will be wearing gloves
- Coaches will wear masks when social distanced requirements can not be maintained.
- No high fives, hugs or assisting with hair.
- All personal belongings must remain in a gym bag and with students at all times.
- All coaches will be temperature checked prior to the shift.
- Any coach who may be ill or has a household member who may be ill must remain home. If a coach tests positive or comes into contact with someone with COVID-19, they are required to quarantine for 14 days and provide a doctor’s note to return to work.