Staying Safe at MAG
We are excited to return to gymnastics! MAG has been preparing since mid March for our reopening. While we’ve been holding team practices outdoors for several weeks, we have been given the go ahead to reopen for semi-private classes beginning June 1st under the COVID-19 Prevention checklist from the state of Maine under the Phase 2: Community Sports heading.
We have been remodeling, deep-cleaning and sanitizing every area in the gym. We are training our staff to strictly follow the guidelines we’ve been given and as always, put the safety and well-being of our students, families, and staff as our number-one priority. We appreciate your efforts to work with us to ensure a great learning environment for your child.
We will reopen with a limited capacity of 50 people inside the gym with the protocol outlined below. We are carefully monitoring COVID-19 developments, and strictly adhering to the Maine CDC guidelines. These measures are in place currently and are subject to change as we continue to get through this.
Please check our site regularly for the latest updates. Thank you, and please be safe!
- 6-foot separation guides will be clearly marked for all events, skill stations and warm up areas.
- All restrooms will be single-occupancy only.
- Community areas, lobby, and locker rooms will remain closed.
- Athletes will have their own stations (not partnered).
- Athletes will have breaks individually.
Reduced Group Sizes
In order to maintain social distancing measures and the highest quality coaching all group sizes have been reduced. Sessions will be offered throughout the day to ensure small numbers in the gym at one time.
- A limited number of classes will be offered ensuring low facility occupancy.
- Groups will have staggered start times.
- Ratio will be lowered.
Please be cautious when choosing to send your child to MAG. We rely on your responsibility to keep your MAG family safe.
- As a precaution, we encourage you to temperature check your child prior to attending.
- Do not send your child with flu or cold-like symptoms.
- Do not send your child if they or a household member have been exposed to or in contact with COVID-19.
- Coaches may temperature check and send your child home if we suspect illness. We will require a doctor’s note to return to class.
- We will require a 14-day quarantine for athletes who test positive or come into contact with COVID-19.
Cleanliness and Sanitation
In addition to already stringent cleaning policy, we’re taking the following additional measures to ensure your child’s safety:
- 15 minutes will be allotted between classes so staff can clean all mats and surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be required upon entry to the building. Coaches and athletes will also use it after each event.
- Hourly cleaning of restrooms and surfaces.
- All stations will be sanitized after each rotation.
- Weekend deep cleaning of the facility.
- Water fountains will remain closed. Please bring personal water bottles only.
- Pits will remain closed.
Coach and Athlete Interaction
At MAG we strive to ensure the safety and success of all our athletes. While our coaches will maintain greater distances than usual, we cannot guarantee they will not be in contact with your child.
- Limited spotting: Spotting will only be done when necessary for safety and technical success.
- No high fives, hugs or assisting with hair.
- All personal belongings must remain in a gym bag and with students at all times.
- All coaches will be temperature checked prior to the shift.
- Any coach who may be ill or has a household member who may be ill must remain home. If a coach tests positive or comes into contact with someone with COVID-19, they are required to quarantine for 14 days and provide a doctor’s note to return to work.
Drop Off and Pick Up
In order to maintain occupancy limits we are strongly encouraging drop off and pick up only.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled class time.
- DROP OFF: Coaches will greet your child outside near the main entrance.
- Please remain at your vehicle until the coach arrives.
- Our Virtual Lobby will be in place for viewing all classes.
- PICK UP: Pick up will be done from the side entrance and in the back parking lot. Coaches will escort your child to you.
- Please follow traffic cones and signs for drop-off and pick-up locations.
- Please maintain 6 feet of physical distance between you and any families at pick-up and drop-off locations.