Staying Safe at MAG
As always MAG will put the safety and well-being of our students, families, and staff as our number one priority. We appreciate your continued efforts in working with us to ensure a great learning environment for your child.
We are happy to have mandated limits back to 100% capacity! With that being said MAG will continue to have a limited occupancy for spectators. The viewing/lobby area is greatly used by our students. In order to open this safely and not overload the viewing area, we have set up a rotating viewing schedule for all classes. Please review our email in reference to our current viewing policy. Our Virtual Lobby is still available and a great tool for parents to view their child! Since we still have a limited viewing area, we still want to provide you with a way to remotely view your child.
Please note our mask policy: All students must wear masks entering, and exiting the building. Students under the age of 5 will not be required to wear a mask while in class but all other students will remain masked during their lesson. All spectators while inside the building are encouraged to wear a mask. These measures are in place currently and are subject to change.
View the Maine CDC guidelines here.
Please be cautious when choosing to send your child to MAG. We rely on your responsibility to keep your MAG family safe.
- As a precaution, we encourage you to temperature check your child prior to attending.
- Do not send your child with flu or cold-like symptoms.
- Do not send your child if they or a household member have been exposed to or in contact with COVID-19.
- Coaches may temperature check and send your child home if we suspect illness. We will require a doctor’s note to return to class.
- We will require a 10-day quarantine for athletes who test positive or come into contact with COVID-19.
Cleanliness and Sanitation
In addition to already stringent cleaning policy, we’re taking the following additional measures to ensure your child’s safety:
- 15 minutes will be allotted between classes so staff can clean all mats and surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be required upon entry to the building. Coaches and athletes will also use it after each event.
- All stations will be sanitized after each rotation.
- Weekend deep cleaning of the facility.
- Water fountains will remain closed. Please bring personal water bottles only.
- Pits are open for training purposes and are fogged at the end of each day.
Coach and Athlete Interaction
At MAG we strive to ensure the safety and success of all our athletes. While our coaches will maintain greater distances than usual, we cannot guarantee they will not be in contact with your child.
- Limited spotting: Spotting will only be done when necessary for safety and technical success. While contact spotting, all coaches will be wearing gloves
- Coaches will wear masks when social distance requirements cannot be maintained.
- No high fives, hugs or assisting with hair.
- All personal belongings must remain in a gym bag and coaches will escort students to lobby to place belongings.
- All coaches will be temperature checked prior to the shift.
- Any coach who may be ill or has a household member who may be ill must remain home. If a coach tests positive or comes into contact with someone with COVID-19, they are required to quarantine for 14 days and provide a doctor’s note to return to work.
Drop Off and Pick Up
In order to maintain occupancy limits we are strongly encouraging drop off and pick up only.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled class time.
- DROP OFF: Coaches will greet your child at the main entrance.
- All students must wear masks.
- Our Virtual Lobby will be in place for viewing all classes.
- PICK UP: Our pickup location will be at the garage door front entrance. Coaches will escort your child to you.