Become a Gymnastics Coach at Maine Academy of Gymnastics!
Please fill out our application if you are:
- a sports-minded and energetic person who loves kids!
- experienced with coaching or willing to train
- available either full- or part-time, weekdays or weekends, days or evenings
- interested in tuition discounts!
MAG Coach in Training Program (CIT)
Interested in coaching but do not have experience? MAG offers a comprehensive Coach in Training program for those interested in learning how to coach Gymnastics. CIT Program provides a good foundation for future development of coaching skills and techniques. The focus of the CIT program is predominantly on the recreational gymnastics levels, however the information is applicable to all levels, from preschool, to school-age, to competitive athletes. The skills presented are basic skills advancing no higher than levels 2 or 3.
The CIT Program covers:
- coaching principles
- basic safety and risk management
- communication, supervision and instruction
- teaching basic gymnastics skills
- athlete development and preparation
- …and more!
All you need is the desire to learn the sport and to want to work with children. The training program is unpaid, but once you’ve successfully completed the training, you will be invited to join our staff in a paid position.
Complete the application below to see if you qualify for a spot in our CIT Program or, if you have the experience, are ready to start coaching right away! We look forward to meeting you!